Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The leather coat

A few days ago, I had lunch with two friends that I used to work with. One had on a leather coat, and the other friend commented that she wanted a leather coat. We talked for a little while about leather coats. The weather was just turning cool enough to wear one.

My leather coat was aquired around this time of year, in 2005. It was on sale, half price to be exact and in the front of the store as soon as you walked in, the rack was right there. A few days before I bought my leather coat, My son had shown me his new leather coat. It was gorgeous!
Right then and there, I knew I wanted one, which would be my first. I decided what I wanted mine to look like and how much I was willing to spend. The one on the rack in the front of the store was exactly what I wanted and $25.00 less than I wanted to spend!

This is not where the story ends. After lunch, I went home to pull out my leather coat for the season and saw another leather coat that had been given to me last year. It too was a very nice leather coat. Only one problem, it didn't fit me very well. So, it sat in my closet.

The thought came to me to give it to my friend Betty who had expressed the desire to have a leather coat. It would fit her better than me so why hang onto something that I would most likely never wear?

On the third day after lunch, I called Betty & told her I had something for her. Of course she asked what it was. My response was it was a surprise and she would have to wait until I gave it to her in person. We made arrangements to meet a little later that afternoon. Betty went on to tell me about just coming from the dentist and how that was quite an experience for her.

We met and I gave her the coat. Her eyes got so big! She tried on the coat which fit her perfectly. She was so happy, but asked several times: Are you sure? Yes, I am sure I would tell her.

The funny thing is, I think I got more out of giving her the leather coat than she did receiving it.
On my way home I laughed about how the law of attraction works. On Friday Betty said she wanted a leather coat and Monday she had one. Not only that but I marveled at how I also attracted the exact leather coat I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.


For 7 free lessons from the teachers of the "Secret" www.reveal.thesgrprogram.com

1 comment:

Cătălin said...

Hello,
What you say about:

http://thesgrprogram.com/?a_aid=eb1e1db5

Thanks.
http://catamari2007.blogspot.com